Translate

Saturday 13 November 2010

Some face washes

I took advantage of the Boots 2 for 3 offer and picked up these three face cleansers. Two I like, one my skin hates.

Like number 1: Neutrogena Visibly clear 2-in-1 (£3.99)
This is a bit of a clever concept. A daily face wash, but also acts as a mask when you want an bit of an extra cleansing for the skin. I like the fact that it only takes 5 minutes to work as a face mask. The texture is like a thin clay mask which helps absorb the excess oils in the mornings and get rid of the dirt. I can see this working really well for those with oily skin. It does leave my dry skin a bit tight when and I have to go in with a moisturising rose water toner straight after. But I don't get a bad reaction from it which is good. At the moment, I'm using it on my t-zones in the morning every few days. But I can see myself using this every day in the summer.
 Like number 2: No 7 Total Renewal Microdermabrasion Exfoliatator (£10.75)
I had tried this as a sample before and I thought it did a decent job.
The grains a very fine and needs to be used very gently or can be a bit too abrasive on the skin. It claims to do great things:
- take away dead skin cells
- smooth and renew skin surface
- produce radiance on first use
- helps reduce appearance of dark areas, sun damaged or blemish prone skin
- evens oil skin tone
I haven't noticed that it does most of these things for me. I use it about twice a week, usually when I have come back all sweaty from the gym so that I make sure that all the dirt has gone. It is very thorough to the skin. On a side note, I joined the gym three weeks ago, and I have only been three times. I'm rubbish


DISLIKE: Johnson's face care nourishing cream (£2.99)

You'd think Johnson's understand sensitive skin right? All the writing and look from the packaging seems like this is going to be perfect for my dry skin. But alas, my face hates it. The product does look nourishing, and very sparse, small beads which I thought I'd like as I was looking for a gentle wash for the mornings. Something that doesn't scrub or exfoliate, just something that washes the night cream off. When I first used it, my skin felt so tight and stripped of any moisture. I tried it again and my skin felt so uncomfortable until I used my rose water and glycerin toner. But then, the skin around my cheeks started developing those annoying bumps. Maybe its not this wash, but I'm not risking it just to use up a £3 product so I'm going to give this away. This product is just not for me.

So my search for a gentle, basic face wash continues... sigh
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment