Translate

Monday 11 October 2010

Maybelline 24 hour superstay foundation

For a while now, I have been thinking about buying a lower end foundation to wear to work and just being out and about in during the daytime. I was thinking about getting the Bourgois Healthy Mix Foundation, but I thought it would give the same 'dewey' effect as my Chanel Vitalumiere and Mac Face & Body (both which I have problems working with) and wanted something a bit more matt which I can mix with moisteriser if I wanted a lighter coverage.

So, I picked up my bottle from Boots for £9.99 (for 30ml). 

It comes in a heavy-ish glass bottle, with spf 19 (what an odd number). Mine is in the shade 048 SUN BEIGE, which I think may be a shade too light for me, but the one up was far too dark. Not a problem as I swipe my Clinique 'Almost Bronzer' on top.

It's micro-flex formula is meant to provide 24 hr stay with no transfer, which is great news for my lighter work shirts and tall people's clothes when they hug me.

It comes in a pump which is also good. It is oil free and claims to be suitable for all skin types, which I don't think it true. Its an odd foundation. The texture is kinda thick but doesn't feel heavy on application to the face. Though, I find that I have to work with it quite fast as it dries up pretty quickly on my skin. But then it still feels a bit tacky to the touch.

Foundation brushes left streaks on my face, so it worked best with my fingers (although I'm going to try in with a stippling brush tomorrow). I used about two full pumps for my face which I think is quite a lot of product. Plus, I had to put on two layers to get a decent coverage.







Once blended in, it doesn't look too bad. But I think for the slightly more mature ladies, it will sink into any minor laughter lines. I haven't worn this for a full 24 hours straight so cannot comment on its longetivity, but I suspect it wouldn't last that long. I did wear this between 3pm and 12.30am the other day, and I have to say, it did a pretty good job of holding up. One thing I have to mention, is that is photographs brilliantly. For instance, even with the expensive Nars sheer glow, my t-zones will start shining through towards the end of the night. But with this Maybelline one, when I looked at pictures that was taken towards the end of that  night - my skin looked really good in the photos - no shiny forehead or any of that sort. But, again, during application, make sure its very even or else it fades in patches which can make the skin look horrid by the end of the night.

Overall, I don't totally regret getting this foundation (although I probably won't repurchase), I just find it odd and full of contradictions. What I will do however is every now and then, mix it with some Mac Face & Body or moisteriser to thin it down a bit and help give it a bit of a glow.

As for non-transfer, the picture below answers that point!

This was from just patting the tissue on my face!




2 comments:

  1. Oooh I want to try this! Try the Maybelline dream satin liquid. I use it and LOVE it! Watch my blog for a review on it soon =) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dream satin liquid was the other one I was thinking of trying. Looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete