Translate

Saturday 22 January 2011

E.l.F Haul - Initial Thoughts

Eyes,Lips, Face were doing a free delivery promotion, along with a free product if purchases were over £10. So here is what I ordered, and arrived quite promptly:

Tinted Moisteriser spf 15 in 'Honey' (tone 2) - £1.50
I actually wanted tone 3 in 'Spice', but it was sold out. The reason why I picked this up was because I wanted something light for when I am out for a couple of hours (I am not expecting this to be long lasting), or to put on after work on top of my morning foundation.

At first glance, 'Honey' seemed to be a tad too light for me but I was pleasantly surprised when I swatched it on my hand, at it blended in really nicely.


Duo Eye Shadow in 'Butter Pecan' - £1.50
I had prevously bought the duo cream shadow in 'Butter Pecan' and did not like it as it creased like crazy on the eyelids. The swatch on this duo is not bad, although it was a bit crumbly. But overall, seems like a decent pair of eyeshadows.

Customs Eyeshadow in 'Sage' - £1.50
I like this eyeshadow. Its just the colour I was looking for, goes on really well and I know I am going to love wearing this. Real bargain for such a good quality product.

False lashes Neutral Lash Kit i 'black' - £1.50
I have read good reviews about these falsies and am excited to try them out. I'll probably chuck the glue out and use my Duo though
Cream Eyeliner in 'Purple' - £3.50
This is the most expensive thing I picked up. I have been thinking about getting a purple gel liner for ages as I do use a pencil every now and again. It comes with a small angled brush which is okay. On first impressions, I will probably need to do a couple of layers of this liner to achieve the opaque look I like. You have to wait a minute or two for the product to dry or else it rubs off completely but once on, it stays put. I reckon it might work as a decent base as well.

I know I will have to add on an extra few minutes into my make up routine whenever I use this, for £3.50, its a good price to try a colour like this out.

Shimmering Facial Whip in Pink Lemonade - £1.50
I got this to use as a highlighter for my cheekbones. This is where E.L.F surpassed themselves in customer services. I discovered this product faulty when it came through the post. Obviously I was a bit annoyed but I didn't know if I wanted to hassled of trying to get a replacement for something that cost me £1.50. But then I thought I'll jot them a quick email about it. I took a picture on my camera of the product and sent that through. E.L.F were content with what they saw in the picture and they sent through a replacement the very next day. So simple and hassle-free. E.L.F's customer services is one of the best I have experienced.

Onto the product itself, I have only had the chance to swatch it and it looks pretty pigmented. I'll try it out tonight along with the tinted moisteriser as I have a birthday dinner to go to. A bit nervous, as Nars Sheer Glow has been my staple evening foundation for over a year now.

Make-up Mist and Set - Free (usually £3.50
This is what I got free as I spent over £10.  I've only ever used the Boots Vitamin e spray to set my make up in summer. This will be interesting to try out.

There you go. An abundance of Make up for under £12! Plus they're all pretty good too!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment