Translate

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Soap & Glory 'The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser' review

Another cleanser review, and a few more still to come. As you can see, I have almost run out of my No7 Cleanse & Polish which I very much enjoyed using.
You can see my initial thoughts on the product here where I also talk about the original hot cloth cleanser, the Liz Earle one.

My skin seems to like the concept of using muslin cloths so thought I'd try out the Soap & Glory version of the cleanser.
 

As with all Soap & Glory products, this has fun packaging which looks nice in any bedroom or bathroom. The packaging on the product itself is just as lovely and although it looks made out of tin, I think it is plastic. 
Directions for use, and texture of product itself similar to other hot cloth cleansers.
However with this one, you leave it on for a minute or so before you use your muslin cloth (which is included). I find that just leaving it on for that extra minute really helps get rid of all the make up and grime. What I tend to do is apply a small squirt of the product onto my face, and then another squirt around the eye area. I warm the products into my hands before I apply to my face. It sinks right into my skin and it really does feel like the make up melts away from my face, including the stubborn eye make up. It smells very aromatherapeutic, which can be a bit strong for some. One of the key ingredients it boasts of containing is Panthenol which is a form of vitamin B5. You can read up on the beneifts of panthenol here. I have no clue how much of this ingredient is in this product, but any amount can surely be of some good?

This is another cleanser which I really like. It takes off all my make up, does not irritate or dry my skin out and controls those pore and blackhead problems. A definite thumbs up for me. You can pick this up for under £10 at Boots. For 12m, I reckon this will last you a couple of months if you use it every day, but for me it will last longer as I have other cleansers which I alternate with.
****ASOS is selling it for £5.50 at the moment!!!****

One thing to be aware of though is that the product comes in a toothpaste tube like packaging. So remember to squeeze from the top down to ensure you get as much product use as possible. I obvioulsly need to remember to do this from now on:

Talking about other cleansers, I went and bought me some Eve Lom which I will write about in the next coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment