Translate

Monday 5 March 2012

MONEY / Méké Menété

I know almost nothing about this band. There is not much information about them on the net except that they have changed their band name a few times and the hail from Manchester (rumour has it). I kind of like this sense of mystery - makes the music even more mysterious. I don't they have released many songs but the stuff I have heard, I love. I especially adore the two songs below. The music and lyrics are haunting. The line 'New York is winking at me' in particular from 'Goodnight London' makes my heart yearn to go back to the Big Apple. So may memories, so many memories of that place. Oh but the  lyrics as a whole are pretty amazing.

They seem to be a pretty intelligent and a politically conscious band which is always a good thing in my opinion. Anyway, although not to everyone's taste, I think this is some of the most exciting music I have discovered in a long time. 

GOODNIGHT LONDON


LETTER TO YESTERDAY

Check out their facebook. Some solid (albeit scarce) information available on MONEY. Always has interesting writing and pics. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

https://www.facebook.com/courtesyisafallacy

No comments:

Post a Comment