Translate

Thursday 8 March 2012

Yankee Candle Tart Melts

The difference between candle tarts to your usual candles are that they do not have a wick and therefore can be used on an oil burner. I have been meaning to try out Yankee Candle Tart Melts for ages now, I searched on ebay and settled for buying some from the seller hazydaysforever.

I bought a bulk order of 10 different scents from a choice of about 50 smells, and my package came through the door within a couple of days.
"Yankee Candle Tart Melt in Gardenia"
I am currently using a ceramic oil burner from The Body Shop which I already had. I thought I would be adventurous and mix two scents to burn - I setteld for half of 'Gardenia' and a quarter of 'Spiced Orange'. I found just using my hands to snap them was half easier (lazier) than using a knife.
The tarts made my entire room smell lovely for ages. I think that if the dish of my burner was larger, the scent would have been more intense. But as I already have this, it will have to do for now. I am making a list of the scents I like as I am using them up so that I know which to repurchase next time - as well as try out some other ones.  So far, I can tell that the ones I will enjoy the most are the 'clean smelling ones' such as 'fluffy towels', 'fresh cut roses' etc.

These Candle Tarts are meant to last for up to eight hours, and the scents are also available in larger, candle versions - I believe that this ebay seller has a whole range of Yankee and room - smells stuff. Below is a pretty good guide on how to use candle tarts.

If you try any out, let me know what you think and which you would recommend!

p.s. I have placed the remaining bits of the open tarts inside my wardrobe as a freshner as I sometimes do with my Lush products.... and its works!





No comments:

Post a Comment