Translate

Sunday 13 May 2012

MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush

I made a quick stop over to MAC the other day for some advice, with the intention of picking up a highlighter and bronzer.

After trying out a few of the mineral highlighters, I eventually admitted defeat and accepted that powders just don't work on my naturally dry skin. In the end I settled for the cream base in HUSH.


Its a nice, pinky-frosty colour - a bit duskier than what it looks like in the pictures. It also blends well into my skin to give a soft finish.

I like that it is compact enough to put into my make up bag for touch-ups in the evenings. There is not much to say really except that it is a decent multi-purpose highlighter. I still love my Benefit High Beam more, only because I find I have to work that little bit harder to blend HUSH into my skin compared to the other one. I am also in love with the Nars Orgasm Illuminator which I shall dedicate a blog post of its own to soon. 

Another highlighter I have put onto my shopping list is the Becca shimmering skin perfector. I actually think about this product a lot and is on top of my list of things to buy. 

I have also ordered a couple of the E.L.F Shimmer sticks to try out and will document my thoughts on them once they have been tested out. 

In terms of bronzer, the assistant applied a skin finish powder on me which was a few shades darker than my natural skin tone. She showed my how to apply etc. It didn't look too bad, but I decided not to purchase it because I still don't think I have got the grasp of bronzer on indian skin yet. Only because I worry that I won't apply it and end up looking mental. I'm thinking to taking the plunge and picking up the Chanel Soleil Tan or try out a Benefit one. I'm not sure... its all confusing!


No comments:

Post a Comment