Translate

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Nars Sheer Glow with Benefit 'That Gal'

My favourite foundation/primer combo of the moment - they are the Benefit 'That Girl' brightening face primer and Nars Sheer Glow foundation. These together seem to work really well with my super dry winter skin at the moment.

Benefit 'That Girl' brightening face primer (21.50)

Please excuse the wear and tear of the outside packaging, I've had this product for a couple months now. I was initially a bit hesitant to get this as I thought it would be gimmicky and would end up making me look like a greaseball by the end of the day. But I have been pleasantly surprised by it. The 'Bad Gal' comes in what looks like a cross between a Prit Stick and play dough machine, and you have to twist the bottom to get the product out.
I hate this because it reminds me of little worms. So I am not a big fan of the container it comes in. The product itself is a light, creamy pink. It smells very sweet and lovely. Despite the colour, it is suitable for all skin tones, as I find with a lot of Benefit products. The idea behind this is, that it is meant to help brighten dull complexion as well as act as a primer. It does brighten the complexion, and as you lightly blend it over the skin, you can see your face looking a bit more healthier. It also smoothes out the skin so acts as a good base for foundation. What I do it put this on after my moisteriser, let it sink in whilst I do my eye make up, them put the foundation on top. It also works really well as a highlighter which I tend to top up through the day.

Nars Sheer Glow (£29 for 30ml)

I got skin matched last summer in 'Sycracuse' which was a pretty good match for me. Reviews of this foundation are in abundance, and they tend to be positive. I agree with these reviews. Although pricey, this is lasting me ages. I would say it is a medium coverage, and no matter how many layers I put on, it never seems to look 'caked'. It dries to a natural, healthy finish and does not wipe off the minute you touch it. In fact it is very well long wearing. At the moment, it is the best foundation I have tried and experienced. I will definitely be repurchasing this. I've got enough left for maybe three or four faces so looking forward to see what shade I'll be for winter.

What I have recently discovered is using the 'That Gal' under the Nars Sheer glow, my skin looks flawless without looking overly made up or like a disco ball. The foundation will last throughout my 9 hour work day, and I just need to lightly touch up around my t-zone if I'm planning to go out in the evening.

It photographs beautifully as well - the skin looks flawless, glowing and radiant.

One word of warning with bad gal, is that I have discovered that it does not work well with all foundations. Its a disaster under Mac Face & Body, and anything too 'liquidy'. I don't find it works well as a primer with some other foundations and to be honest, I only use it with my Nars. Actually, it works well with the Maybelline 24hr Stay as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment