Translate

Sunday 26 February 2012

Miracle of the Chanel Pressed Powder

I went away for a mini break a few months and when I got to duty free, I realised that I had left my Laura Mercier translucent pressed powder behind at home. I coincidenlty (!) happened to be sitting by the make up and perfume section and thought I'd look to see if there is a coloured pressed powder that I could pick up. I settled for the CHANEL POUDRE UNIVERSELLE COMPACTE and I am so glad I did. This has to be one of my most favourite make up items ever. 



I have this in 'Translucent Shade 3'

I apply it at home with my MAC 150 brush, and press with the sponge applicator when I'm out and about (I pop over to a Chanel counter every now and then to pick up sample replacements of the applicator). 


It gives a light coverage, and I love how it helps provide a natural, even toned and more smoother complexion. 


I can be heavy handed with it as I don't feel that it looks cakey at all. A definite Love.


To carry on with the powder theme, another great find - and happened to be freeish, is the Clinique Blended Powder 


It came as part of one of those Bonus TIme products - where you buy two products and get a bunch of stuff free. It is loose translucent powder which is so finely milled its almost like air. I buff away with this, and it smooths any lines, helps keep make up set and just evens out the face. It also gives a healthy glow which is a huge bonus. I have a friend who has some scars left from childhood acne - she will just have this over some concealor during work days and and her skin looks all lovely and smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment