Translate

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Dior Skin Nude Foundation

My Chanel Vitalumiere bottle has been scraped clean, with my Mac Face & Body and Nars Sheer Glow almost at their end. So I decided to go out and get myself some new foundation. Contrary to many popular reviews, I found the the Chanel and the Face and Body did not like my skin much. I feel the F&B a bit too sticky and heavy for my skin, and Chanel - well not a good colour match for me amongst other niggly things. I still like the Nars one, and probably will get another bottle once I've finished mine.

I popped over to House of Fraser and skimmed pass the Dior counter. An assistant saw me eyeing up the DiorSkin foundation and asked whether I wanted to try it. So yes I did. She matched me to 031 Sable/Sand which I thought would be too light at first. But on my skin it blended in pretty well. I liked the finish so bought myself a bottle.
Here is what it says about the foundation on the actual Dior website:
Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup - Containing nearly 40% water, this fluid foundation offers an instant sensation of well-being. KSin appears fresher, silky and feels more comfortable. Thanks to micro-droplets of water, this foundation's coverage is lighter than a “classic” fluid formula, and it evens out the complexion and makes it appear more radiant and transparent. With daily use, the skin becomes more beautiful for an ever more natural and radiant result day after day.
I have only used it for about three weeks but I love it. Its not too dewey which I like, has spf 10, soo light and lasts a good 6-8 hours without rubbing off on my clothes. The coverage is great. I have some awful blemishes round my chin area because of a small outbreak. This foundation covers it up well without the need for much concealer and without looking like I have caked on make up. It still lets my skin look natural.


I am really pleased with the effect, and I have had a couple of compliments on my skin when I have been out with it on. A big thumbs up for me!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment