Translate

Wednesday 8 September 2010

No7 Skin Illuminator

I love this highlighter, but I absolutely detest the packaging.
 
This goes for £10.50 for 30ml, and comes in two shades - peach and pink. I picked up the peach shade. It really is a lovely thing. Rich and creamy, with a two tone appearance. I use it over my cheek bones and under my brow bone as a highlighter even in the day time, and it doesn't look too overdone. You can also use it all over the skin under foundation to give it the same effect as a MAC Strobe cream, but I haven't been brave enough to do this because I fear it might be a bit too shimmery. You need less of the product than the amount shown in the picture for highlighting the areas of your face.

Despite my love for this product,  I don't now if its worth the hassle of repurchasing this again because of the packaging it come in.

You twist it one way to open, one way to close. Fine so far. The problem come to squeezing to gloop out. No matter what I do, too much product comes out and it goes to waste. The brush attached is too big for highlight and when it dries, the remaining product just cakes up, making it virtually impossible to get anything out the next time round. No matter how much I clean it with a tissue before I put it away.


The product gets embedded inside the brush which isn't visible in these pictures. I think two thirds of this product has gone to waste because of the stupid, ill thought out packaging.  I've just got really frustrated with it because my clothes and table have been stained with this product shooting out of the tube.
It looks awfully pink the camera, but its not really like that. I kept this picture to show the shimmer and two-tone effect
What I've done, it pour the remainder of what I have left into these jars so that application is more manageable.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I bought an Avon foundation with the same packaging, and I agree, it's rubbish. I can understand what they were trying to achieve, but it just doesn't do the job. By the same token, Bourjois came out with a brush foundation, and I really love that one to bits, and now I can't find it anywhere. I found the best colour match and everything! I can't even find it on eBay any more :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. YSL have a foundation with a similar brush. I really want to try it but the packaging keeps putting me off because I fear I will waste most of it!

    ReplyDelete