Translate

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Burts Bees lip balms

I went browsing round my local TK Max one lazy Saturday afternoon, looking for a vintage looking leather jacket. I had no luck but my eyes started roaming around the make up and skincare section. There were some really well-priced things I would have bought, but there are some really inconsiderate people out there who rip into the packages, stick their fingers in it and just leave the product ruined. It really gets on my nerves when people destroy something so senselessly like that.

Anyway, mini rant over, I saw the pack of Burts Bees lip balms in a pack of three. Each stick normally costs about £3.49, but the whole pack was priced at TK Max for £5. So I quickly snatched it before anyone  could defile it. It had three separate 'flavours'; Replenishing pomegranate oil, Beeswax and Honey.
Burts's Bees whole philosophy is natural ingredients.

Their website says on the pomegranate balm says "Burt's Bees Natural Pomegranate lip balm contains 100% natural ingredients for a truly moisturising experience. Replenishing and conditioning, this beautiful balm contains rich oils to help your lips look healthy and hydrated. Packed with antioxidants, this natural pomegranate lip balm coats lips with a subtle rosy hue, for truly luscious-looking lips."
The Honey one smells very sweet and just like raw, organic honey. It goes on the lips clear and very moisturising. I'd like it a lot if the smell was not so sickly sweet. The Beeswax one smells very cooling and refreshing.... just as the label says! Very 'pepperminty'. This is nice as it leaves my lips all tingly. But I've had to resort to using it as a night conditioner because too much comes off on application, and leaves a white residue on my lips (which you can imagine how awful that looks). You may be able to get a sense of how it breaks off from the picture - its the one at the bottom. 
I have tried the pomegranate one before and it is definitely my favourite. The smell is not as overbearing as the Honey one and it is VERY moisturising.It doesn't transfer as red on my lips as it shows on the stick. But it leaves a nice, healthy sheen to my lips. This is the one I have at my desk at work. Deffo one of the best lip balms I've tried. I tend to find some non-organic lip balms can just  leave a film of moisture on my lips and once that rubs away, it can make my lips feel even more dry. But with natural products like Burts Bees, it feels like my lips are getting nourished beyond the surface, leaving it smoother for longer. 


Having said all that about the Beeswax stick, I had bought the 'Beeswax lip balm tin' a while back and loved it. I kept the tin after the product finished because I thought it was so, so cute!








No comments:

Post a Comment