Translate

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Things I'm loving this month

MAC 'flirt and tease'

Without flash
With Flash
I think this is a pro product. Correct me if I'm wrong. It is a Deep purple with silver pearl (Sheertone Shimmer). I've had this for ages and not been a big fan of it. However, in this heat, with all the tanning I'm loving it at the moment. I decided to pull this out in the morning  a couple of weeks ago to see what it looked like on my skin. Since then, it goes everywhere with me in my handbag. I'm really liking it. Teamed with an elf complexion brush, it gives a subtle lift to my cheeks. It does look a scary colour in the pan, but I find I have to apply it several times before it goes on very dramatically. Don't let the shimmer scare you, its really not that bad in the sun and at night, its great.
The Body shop 'Vitamnin E Face Mist'
This has been a life saver in this horrid heat. Sets my make up in the morning and refreshes my skin throughout the day. You know sometimes the foundation looks a bit 'cakey'/'powdery', when the concealer gathers around as the day wears on? Well, this sets the powder to a natural finish and gives foundation an extra boost. LOVE this stuff.


Boots 17 Lipstick in 'Peace'
Without flash
I use it like a lip balm to be honest. Under a fiver, it doesn't show up dramatically on my pigmented lips, but keeps the lips hydrated and now has a position on my work desk with the rest of my trinkets and potions (as my boss describes it)


Bare Minerals All Over Face Color in 'warmth'
I've had this for a long time but didn't like it much as it looked like a weird terracotta colour on me. But recently, I use it over my foundation, under a finishing powder (finishing up a Lily Lilo foundation sample at the moment) and it gives me a healthy summer glow, with subtle defined cheekbones. 


Lush 'Tea Tree Water'
The best thing I have discovered in a long time. I had a habit of getting a lot of small spots under my neck. One sweep of this, overnight they disappeared and have kept my spots at bay. This simple thing is a miracle life saver for me. I reckon this will be my staple toner for all time now. The bottle lasts for ages, is so gentle and makes my feel really clean without the drying effect when I use it. I can see this being ideal for the teenage skin and wish I had known about it in my 'youth'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment